If you are a photographer, you have a tough job. You struggle with finding the right type of lens that fits your needs and serve you well. What’s worse is when you get Premium clients, but your camera lenses don’t offer value and sharp images in landscape mode. After the photoshoot, you struggle to avoid color distortion and fingering in the images.
No worries! In this blog post, we have selected some of the best Nikon camera lenses to capture the wide angle and landscape modes. Keep reading if you want to know more about the right and most suitable Nikon Wide angle lens for your camera or DSLR. Whether you are a content creator or a professional photographer, the right camera lens is important. The best Nikon Wide angle lens makes your photography experience and journey smooth.
This compilation will help you to secure your premium clients by getting the best results in wide-angle photography.
Best Nikon Wide Angles Lenses
If you are looking for the most suitable wide-angle lens to capture landscapes, then Tamron Di OSD is the lens you would love to use. This lens offers a high resolution and can be used for the Nikon cameras having the highest megapixels lens slot like D850 or 45.7 megapixel Z7ii. The lens center is sharp and captures focused and sharp images throughout the aperture and zoom range.
This Tamron Di OSD is smaller and lighter than most Tamron camera lenses. This 90 mm lens doesn’t occupy much space, so it is portable, and you will get the wider aperture with the f/2.8 wide-angle end. This Nikon Wide angle lens is suitable for capturing night shots or stars at night, offering impeccable image quality with its wide-angle lens. It might not offer great sharpness if you need a continuous aperture of f/2.8, which is an end-wide angle.
- The AF Drive employs newly developed OSD (optimized silent Drive) to ensure...
- This lens is affordable, compact, and lightweight.
- This offers good quality and performance.
If you need more sharpness at the wide-angle end, it is unsuitable for constant f/2.8 aperture photo shots.
If you are looking for a DSLR lens with DX format for better stabilization, great impression, and autofocus, this Tamron Di II VC HLD lens is for you. This lens offers a revolutionary autofocus system of High or Low torque modulated drive. The optical performance of this lens is great, and the autofocus is accurate and faster. This Nikon Wide angle lens also offers manual focus adjustments. The optical stabilization feature is great because of vibration compensations (VC).
With the upmarket Nikon DSLR, this lens offers an Electromagnetic aperture control, which maintains the consistency of exposure while taking fast and quick shots. The image sharpness is great, and the quality of pictures is awesome because this lens reduces color distortion and fringing effects. The fluorine front coating on the lens and built-quality enhancements offer the weather seals and save it from moisture and grease.
- VC (Vibration Compensation)
- HLD (High/Low torque-modulated Drive)
- Moisture-resistant construction
- Fluorine coating repels water and oil from the lens surface
- The autofocus of this lens is great, along with the stabilization.
- The quality is good and doesn’t affect much because of the weather.
- This lens works in the great room range.
This camera lens is costlier than the original camera lens.
If you are a travel photographer looking for the most suitable and ideal camera lens for your camera, which is small and lightweight, then this Nikon Wide angle lens is for you. The mounting plate is built of plastic material for more robustness and to make it light in weight. This Nikon AF-P DX camera lens reduces vibration (VR). The effectiveness of VR is 3.5-stop on-camera shaking. The focus sharpness is great, but it slightly reduces towards the frame corners of the image.
This camera lens offers an Af-P stepping motor autofocus, a virtually silent system to capture the moving clippings and video footage. Though this offers both manual and autofocus, there is no focus distance scale to adjust the camera lens settings. This Nikon Wide angle lens is travel friendly and suitable for capturing zoom details. The downside of this lens is that color distortion and fringing might affect your captured image performance.
- Ultra-wide-angle view that surpasses any Kit Lens and lets you get creative with...
- Compact, lightweight, durable design that's great for travel and outings.Angle...
- Outstanding Optics deliver beautiful photos and videos, even in challenging...
- Near-silent autofocus stepping motor is ideal for recording video. Compatible...
- This Nikon lens reduces vibrations.
- This is compact in size and lightweight.
- The mounting plate is made of plastic, making it fragile.
- There is no scale of focus distance to adjust the settings.
If you are a professional Photographer or shooter, Nikon 24 mm with an aperture f/1.4 is the best camera lens for you. Since its release, this Nikon Wide angle lens has been considered the best lens in the world by prime shooters. This lens works on a crop Sensor DX Nikon camera, offering a focal length of up to 36 mm. Nikon’s 24 mm Nikon’slows you to capture the full frame view. The sharpness of the images is amazing, along with the brightness, at each aperture. The color distortion is minimal. You can also use it to capture slow moments with slow shutter speed.
To get decent pictures, you must focus on a close subject to zoom in on the background from focus and separate it from the Subject. It is the best and most recommended Nikon Wide angle lens for professional photographers fond of capturing sharp images in landscape mode.
- Compelling wide-angle perspective combined with an ultra-fast f/1.4 aperture...
- Offers superior sharpness and color correction by effectively minimizing...
- Aspherical lens elements virtually eliminate coma and other types of aberration,...
- A Nano Crystal Coat further reduces ghosting and internal flare across a wide...
- Best Nikon wide-angle lens.
- Impressive performance with excellent sharpness.
This Nikon Wide angle lens is costly and heavier.
If you are looking for a compact and lighter lens that can offer you excellent image quality and allows you to use regular filters, then Nikkor Z 14-30 mm f/4 S is the one you would love to use. This suits long hikes and offers the sharpest quality photo shots.
This lens has short sharp pixel resolving power, and because of this, the quality of images is excellent. So the usability of this lens is great. The only downside of this Nikon Wide angle lens is you can’t apply filters on 14 mm zoom, which is the end of the side angle. Apart from that, you can easily apply filters when it is not on the hundred percent zoom.
- NIKKOR Z 14-30mm f/4 S is perfect for adding depth and drama to stills and video...
- Compact 14-30mm zoom range with a fixed f/4 aperture and outstanding image...
- Retractable lens mechanism collapses the lens down to a mere 3.5 inches for safe...
- Nikon’s Stepping Motor (STM) provides smooth, fast and quiet autofocusing
- Excellent Sharpness and Image quality.
- Compact and lightweight.
- You can apply regular filters.
You can only apply a Normal filter on the 14 mm wide-angle end.
If you are looking for a camera lens that can offer you relatively one of the widest angles, Sigma DC HSM, with a focal length of 4.5 to 5.6, is the best. There is no other replacement for this camera lens currently in ultrawide zooming. You can capture the full details from a wide angle with the finest details. You can capture the extreme image clippings if you capture them in less than a hundred percent camera lens zoom setting. The image sharpness is amazing across the complete image. Also, this Sigma lens prevents distortion and color fringing.
This Nikon Wide angle lens has a super layer and high-spec optical path that offer maximum protection to avoid flares. And even if the lights escape from them for dispersion, then the in-built lens hood serves as a guard to protect your precious photography view. The only downside of this camera lens is you can’t attach the filters to the camera lens. But it allows you to attach filters to the 2 part lens cap.
- A DC series lens designed exclusively for use with smaller chip APS-c or 4/3...
- HSM (Hyper-Sonic Motor) ensures a quiet & high-speed auto focus
- FLD glass elements with performance equal to fluorite glass for compensate for...
- One Aspherical lens and two glass mold elements
- This lens has exclusive features and amazing quality and performance.
- This camera lens offers a top-angle view for DSLR cameras.
- The front mount filter of the Sigma Nikon camera lens is tricky to use.
- This is expensive in comparison to the other camera lenses.
How to Pick Up The Best Nikon Wide Angle Lens for Your Camera?
To pick up the best Nikon wide-angle lens, you have to consider two major factors in the first place:
- The camera lens should capture good-quality images, including sharpness, edge softness, minimal color distortion, and fingering.
- The second important factor is price, whether you can afford it.
Once you have selected a few lenses on these two major qualities, it is time to look for more factors. Such as
- The versatility of the lens, depending on the focal length,
- Ensure that it allows weather seals and prevents moisture or grease.
- Also, check the weight and portability.
If you are into photography regularly, personal or professional, the Nikon 24 mm f/1.4G recommended here is what you need. If you are looking for a more affordable and good camera lens, Tamron 17-35 mm Di II VC HLD is what you need.
Nonetheless, this article showed you the 6 best Nikon wide-angle lenses for mirrorless and DSLR cameras, selected by our best photographers and reviewers. These wide-angle lenses can help you to capture the sharpest possible images in good quality that avoid color distortion and fingering. We have covered from the best affordable camera lens to the best camera lens for professional and prime shooters.
Taking the demo or considering your camera’s dimensions and lens slot size will help you find the most suitable Nikon wide-angle lens for your camera.